Sunday, July 20, 2008

12 STEPS TO HUMILITY

TWELVE STEPS TO HUMILITY

Today people put themselves number one and trample the rights of others.  It is contagious and we must check ourselves daily.

There seems to be 12 steps to everything, why not to humility?

1.    Don’t live other people’s lives.  It is useless to give advice, judge, or criticize people.

2.    Don’t take pleasure in losses and shortcomings of others.

3.    Accept my limitations.  The only person I have power over is myself.  Events are not in my control and often my will will not be done.

4.    Must start listening to others.  Take time to shut your mouth and be silent. Listening is the best gift you can give other. Talk briefly, gently and cordially and actively listen to others.

5.    Let the needs of others come before your needs. Be optimistic and affirmative in your actions.

6.    I can’t replace every minute I live.

7.    I never stop wanting.  My wish list is only self-interest and it never ends.  My desires often lead to disaster.  I try to change the unchangeable by acquiring meaningless things.  My desires don’t need pampering.

8.    I really don’t count.  My ideas are only fantasies and my successes last only as long as a mark in the sand.  I must only act on my ideas and desires after I double-check their value.

9.    I must be patient and keep a quiet mind by being thankful for my injuries and wounds.

10.                  I must be honest about my faults and with myself.  I must be genuine and not lie to myself.

11.                  Be content with my circumstances in my life.  My job is ok. Everything that happens to me is neither good nor bad.

12.                  I must stay awake, look and speak humbly, and above all see that my world is always alive in me.

 NO ONE CAN WIN ALL THE TIME.  YOU CAN'T KEEP BETTERING OTHERS.  GET FREE FROM THE DESIRE FOR PERFECTION.  


Visit us @ www.drneedles.com for mor medical information.

Your comments are always appreciated.

No comments:

Labels